Friday, November 18, 2011

The Betrayed Experience by Morrigan Michele, Misty Carmony


ebook
Published October 1st 2011 by World Castle Publishing


From Goodreads:
Love. Lies. Magick. Betrayal. 


Alexis Allcroft is used to being different, but nothing could have prepared her for the buried secrets about to be revealed. 



With her seventeenth birthday approaching the only thing on Alexis Allcroft's mind other than her birthday party is Sebastian Valto, the hot new guy in school. 

Things suddenly take a strange twist, and in an effort to take the spotlight off herself, a spell backfires and her secrets are revealed as well; secrets she didn't know existed. With her world quickly spinning out of control, Alexis realizes no one is what they appear to be, not even herself! Alexis will soon learn that family secrets run deep, blood deep....


Review: 4x5


I have read before this premise, but Betrayed put a great spin on it. The story is interesting and will keep you turning the page to find out more. The only problem I had with the whole of the book was the language. No it's not foul language. Teenagers do to speak in clear concise sentences. There was alot of I guess just proper grammar where it should have flowed like talking. Does this take away from the overall? NO! I just put don't where there was a do no or talkin where there was a speaking.


I really liked the characters! All of them. Alexis is just a normal outcast Wiccan in her town of God fearing people. I really enjoyed all the characters but at the end..Well let's just say that the way Alexis handled herself was a complete 180 turn from her usual self and I got upset with her...hopefully I can understand why in the next book which I will be reading!!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I don't know about the dialogue issue. I have a hard time reading a book when the dialogue feels stilted or too formal. The premise sounds good, though.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...