Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Review


Hardcover338 pages
Published November 15th 2011 by Harper/HarperCollins



From Goodreads:


Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. 

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 




Find Tahereh on the web: Goodreads | Blog | Twitter | Facebook


Review: 5x5


I cannot stress enough how beautifully written this story is!! SO you can skip my review and just GO GET IT! No, really I won't even mind. Tahereh transports readers to a different US, one where everything is dying or dead or completely changed! 


Juliette...wow, she's been in confinement for 264 days! That is way past enough for most *if not all* people to completely loose it. Not her, we learn that she is an amazingly strong girl and values life, not wanting to hurt anyone. She is so unsure of herself and she keeps all her thoughts in a small notebook she has. When Adam is thrust into her cell everything changes. 


Adam...is totally my guy! He is a driven, caring, and yeah he's a hottie. In the "army" or the Reestablishment, he's supposed to get close to Juliette to assess if she is a danger to anyone. You learn some interesting things about Adam and they will make you fall for him after all he has been through.


Warner...I understand some people are gushing over him and even have Team Warner buttons....well NOT this gal! I want to snap his neck. I kept thinking oh I will see what everyone is talking about liking him and really all I wanted to do the whole time was punch him in the face for Juliette LOL. He is very well written just like everyone else!


GET This!! Like I said it is beautifully written, the words just flow and makes the story flow so well.
who is sooooo...


8 comments:

  1. Now I HAVE to read it.. I am tempted to get it as an e book to read it NOW! (patience is not my greatest virtue..lol)
    I have been hearing all about Warner & Adam so I MUST find out for myself what's what.
    Great review & ur blog looks great.
    Stop by & say hi when u get a chance :)
    Books&Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this books so much. I want to strip the cover off and make love to it while screaming Adam!!!! Oh Adam!!! over and over, but I would hate to destroy the pages. lol

    Her writing is def beautiful, I have read that in countless reviews, I'm so glad everyone agrees that it is. Definately a one of a kind style. One of my fav reads this year for sure.

    Closing note, I enjoy the fact you put Adam and Thrust into the same sentence. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Books and Beyond...Thank you for stopping by and I am so headed over to your blog :)

    @April...girl I.Just.Love.You. no really I absolutely love your comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, April has topped herself for best/most insane comment!!
    Great review, Heather! I agree completely. I know why you hate Warner, & I do, sort of. I just have a feeling there's more to the story.
    That Team Adam button??? Holy Hell, Im in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too loved this novel, the writing was so unique and amazing that I was instantly sucked into this world. I'm definitely an Adam fan and your team Adam button = AWESOME! Oh and I'll look the other way as you give Warner a few punches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, you and Andrea are the only ones I'm brave enough to post obnoxious stuff on.. although I did just post something about a BM on mundie moms.. <--- this could be the beginning of my blogging doom. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can hardly wait to read this! Should get my copy this week. Love the Team Adam button - I'm so curious to see what makes him so great. :)

    Fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been so excited to read this book! Too bad I'm not allowed to buy any books right now :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...