Monday, February 4, 2013

Cover Characteristics - Birds

This is a weekly meme hosted by sugarandsnark.co.za/
Each week I pick my top five favorite book covers with the
chosen theme.  Head to their site to check out other blogs that have linked up!


Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds,
Baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?


Can you guess our cover characteristic for this week??

~ BIRDS ~

This was a harder one than I expected.  I do so love looking through covers though and found some cool ones.  Let's begin...





*** My Favorite ***


This cover is just so cool and avant garde


Honorable Mention goes to Penguin Classics whom at some point decided to put birds on all of the covers of their classic titles.  These covers would rock on your library shelves!










        



A list of book covers with birds would not be complete without the childrens' favorite



So there you go, many a books to choose from with our little feathered flying friends on them.  See you next week for some more cover fun!



1 comment:

  1. I have never seen the Dagger Heart cover. I like it :)

    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...